The Beauty Scrolls A Pakistani Makeup Blog Makeup Beauty And All In Between

Tuesday 19 November 2013

St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer





Today i,ll be reviewing one of my absolute favourite mositurizers. St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer. Find out in this review why i love this particular moisturizer.



St. Ives claims about this product:
-It is a moisturizer with collagen and elastin proteins. It hydrates for visibily softer smoother skin and visibily reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
-Dermatologist tested
-Non Comedogenic
  and BEST of all
-it is NOT tested on animals :) yay!
-Formulated without parabens and phthalates







My Review:
  I am in love with this moisturizer. It has a medium consistency like a gel-cream (tough it is not a gel), its not flowy, it absorbs within a minute leaving my skin supple, hydrated and happy and totally non greasy. It kinda gives a nice fresh look to the face. It has a very slight pleasant smell which i like.
  My skin is dry to combination type, i usually get oily only on the nose and just my cheek area around the nose, thats it, other than this my skin is moderately dry. This moisturizer is perfect for my skin during summers, its an all timer! And its my to go moisturizer under my makeup, it is perfect for moisturization before makeup because too much greasy a moisturizer will melt off your makeup.
  In winters my dry skin needs a lot of hydration so i use heavier moisturizers (i,ll be reviewing soon). Mostly in winters i use this only under my makeup because it is just the perfect moisturizer to use under your makeup all year round!
  About the fine lines and wrinkles, wrinkles i cant tell u yet :p will have to wait a few years, and as far as fine lines are concerned, i cant say it removes them but on the long term it definately gives you a smoother skin.
  Plus the size of the bottle is HUGE, its a whooping 10 oz jar and last pretty long and cost only around Pkr 465. It is easily available at all leading drugstores and marts like D. watson, Shaheen, Al-fatah, U mart etc.  



                                                          Mines almost finished.



Pros:
-Non-comedogenic
-Slight pleasant smell
-None greasy and light
-Absorbs in a minute
-Excellent moisturizer for all skin types except for VERRRYYYY dry ones
-Inexpenisve and a whole lotta product
-Perfect for summers and under makeup

Cons:
-Might not be suitable for extremely dry skins
-Not enough moisturization for winters again for very dry skins

Conclusion:
Perfect moisturizer for all oily n normal skins all year round and moderately dry skins in Summers but might not provide enough moisturization for people with very dry skins.

Rating: 4.5/5

What are your favourite moisturizers?


3 comments:

  1. oh thanks. Ive been having issues with finding the right mosturizer as my skin gets dry around the chin/cheek area and gets prone to dry acne then. I usually use jergens but it is not enough for the dryness in winters. Do review the ones you use during winters. I guess this would be enough for me in winters? Since i dont have veryy dry skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well which one of jergens r u using? i use jergens in winters cuz its pretty moisturizing for me lol :p im not sure if ur jergenes really isnt that moisturizing but st.ives is definately a bit less than jergens, but then again mayb ur using a different jergens formula than me, im using fair n soft n its v good

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete